Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Gurugram
Village Mohamaddpur-Saidpur, PO Farrukh Nagar District Gurugram- Haryana 122506
Need and Importance of Physical Education
Education aims at the training of body, mind, and conduct of a student. To keep a healthy mind within a healthy body, a student needs regular physical exercise. The brain of students gets tired after schoolwork. His mind refuses to work. Therefore, for diversion and refreshment of mind, he requires some organized forms of physical and mental work.
Physical education refers to the process of imparting systematic instructions in physical exercise, sports, games, and hygiene to improve and maintain good health. It forms an important part of modern education.
Importance physical education to students
1. It is a great source of pleasure to them.
2. It builds the body and refresh their mind.
3. It trains the mind in many virtues.
4. It teaches the players discipline and team spirit.
5. It creates in students ‘the sporting spirit’.
6. The students learn to be fair to their opponents.
7. The students learn the value of tolerance
8. School sports teach them to take a defeat in a good spirit.
9. It aims at bringing the best in the students.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti organises various sports and games activities at school level, cluster level, Regional Level and National Level every year. Further Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is a state under School Games Federation of India (SGFI) and Navodaya National teams compete with other state teams in SGFI competitions. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Gurugram is also organizing various sports and games activities as per the guidelines of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
PARTICIPATION AND ACHIEVEMENTS DURING THE YEAR 2016-17
SL Games/Sports item Cluster Regional National SGFI
1 Hand Ball 48 28
2 Khabadi 07 01
3 Athletics 20 02
4 Yoga 02 02 01
5 Chess 06 06
6 Kho-Kho 18 18 03